From time-to-time, we all need to take an inventory of our life to see what’s working well, what could be working better and what we honestly need to get rid of or do a complete overhaul on. When is the last time you took some quiet time alone for yourself (even if it’s just for a few hours) to dream and map out your goals of where you want to be? Or come up with a plan on changing-up some things that might not be working for you right now?
Life is certainly a journey and at times we can end up just going through the motions and sometimes let things go on too long that might not be healthy for us. Sometimes we need to shift some things! Sometimes it’s a minor tweak and other times big changes need to be made. Here are some of my ideas of ways you can positively change your life starting today.
10 Positive Ways You Can Change Your Life
- Put Health and Wellness as a Priority – One of the first things that you need to ask yourself when doing a personal inventory of your life, is whether you are putting your health and wellness at the top of the priority list. Self-care is #1. If you need to make positive changes in your life, it all starts with feeling healthy and strong on the inside.
- Get Your Finances in Order – Getting clear on your finances, what is coming in and going out and designing a solid plan for the future is one of the best things you can do. Don’t delay on this. Time goes by fast.
- Simplify Your Way of Life – Declutter. Eliminate activities that are draining you. Appreciate and celebrate the small stuff. All fantastic ways to live a more positive life.
- Only Compete With Yourself – When you stop looking outward and begin focusing within on what will bring you happiness, that’s when life really begins.
- Give Back To A Cause In Some Way – If you want to be lifted up, one of the best ways to do that is to lift someone else up. Give back to others and you’ll feel uplifted.
- Make Doing Absolutely Nothing Okay – I often say that when people are comfortable with silence, that’s when the real connection to happiness begins. Make slowing down a regular ritual.
- Connecting With Friends / Other Great People – With the right social connections, our lives get so fulfilled with positivity. Surround yourself with people that inspire and support you.
- Deal With Those Things That Are Weighing You Down – If you want to soar in life and live a positive life, you must deal with the things that are weighing you down emotionally. Do not procrastinate on this because it only gets worse. Take care of it. You’ll be much better for it.
- Try Something New That You Have Always Wanted To Do – Trying something new that brings new enthusiasm into your life. What are those things that you’ve always wanted to do? Go for it! Take a chance. You could really love it.
- Cut Yourself Some Slack – Be Gentle With Yourself – Stop being so hard on yourself. Be really good to yourself. No one is perfect. Stop being a perfectionist.
So I would love to hear which of the ways to positively change your life resonates with you. Are there some things you need to shift in a positive way right now? Or do you have a story of something you have shifted for the better in the past? I would love to hear from you!
Be sure to check out my Student Development Speaker Website! www.cynthiabazin.com