The holidays are upon us! For many people, there is so much excitement that comes as part of the season. The get-togethers, the great food and drink, the gifts and the list goes on and on. But with that excitement can sometimes bring on a lot of extra STRESS! As you are reading this, you might already be a little on edge about the whole holiday season. Believe me you are not alone.
If this is you and you know that the holidays stress you out, you have taken a step in the right direction by acknowledging it! Now the next step is to then commit to doing something about it. You must take responsibility for it because no one else will take care of this for you. So here are some of my smart ways to take action so you’ll be less stressed this holiday season!
- Do Not Do It All – Make the commitment right now to not even try to do it all. Release the control of ‘some’ things. Any little bit will help. Delegate out some of the cleaning, some of the cooking or the decorating. Do it and you’ll be so glad you did it.
- Realize That Things Will Not Be Perfect – We all know that nothing in life is absolutely perfect. So if you have a touch of perfectionism in you, just acknowledge that something will go wrong. Don’t stress about what you know is likely small stuff. Focus in on the important stuff of the season.
- Don’t Over Commit to Functions – Be sure not to stretch your time too thin. It’s so easy to say yes to commitments then later feel like you don’t really want to go to some of them. Make the commitment to pause before saying yes to commitments. Make sure it fits into your overall holiday plan.
- Keep Yourself Within Budget – Don’t overspend this holiday season! You know how it feels when you overspend. Make the commitment to focus on the important stuff; creating memories instead of overspending.
- Keep Committed to Staying On Your Fitness Routine – Don’t let the holidays get you off course from your fitness routine. Exercise will help you ward off any stress that comes your way and burn off those extra calories you eat!
- Feel No Guilt About Not Trying Everyone’s Tasty Food – As you know there is going to be so many tasty foods during the holidays. If you are on a health routine, don’t feel guilty about not having everyone’s food. The holidays can be about treating yourself, but don’t let anyone guilt you into sabotaging your diet.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated – I don’t know about you, but when I get super busy, sometimes I forget to drink a good amount of water. Be sure during the holidays to keep yourself well hydrated. Keep some water always around you.
- Commit to Getting Enough Sleep – It’s easy with all the holiday parties and cooking to stay up late and get up extra early. During the holidays, be sure to try to get an adequate amount of sleep.
- Don’t Get Pulled Into Family Drama – Just because it’s the holidays, it doesn’t mean that family will all get along. Don’t get pulled into drama that might happen between some of your family.
- Reach Out For Support If You Feel Depressed – The holidays can be a very depressing time for people who have recently lost loved ones. If you feel down or depressed during this holiday season, know that there is support out there for you. Don’t go through it alone. Reach out for help. There are people out there ready to help you.
- Remind Yourself of the Importance of the Holidays – Sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Take time to always keep grounded and remember what the holidays really mean.
- Don’t Forget To Treat Yourself – You should do this every day, but during this holiday season, don’t forget to treat yourself really special. Celebrate all that you are and have become. You deserve it.
How are you feeling about the upcoming holidays? What tips above will you use to keep the stress of the season away? Or what other tips would you add to my list? I can’t wait to hear from you!
Cynthia Bazin is absolutely passionate about YOUR success and happiness. If you are ready and committed to change your life and take charge of your life, contact Cynthia today to start a conversation! She wants to be your mentor! She will get you laser-focused on the important things in life! Cynthia@smartchic.me | https://smartchic.me