Fall is here and change is in the air. The temps are getting cooler, the leaves are turning and soon the holidays will be upon us.
Change. It’s inevitable. It happens to all of us. But as you know it often doesn’t come to us gently and in small doses, but rather it comes barreling in sometimes feeling like a huge storm has hit and you feel like there is no end to it. I am sure many of you can relate to this; the feelings that are attached to when major change occurs in your life that you least expected.
How do you deal with ‘change’ presently?
- Do you resist it?
- Do you get angry?
- Do you have anxiety?
- Do you freeze up, unable to deal with it?
- Do you make bad decisions?
- Do you embrace change?
Change is inevitable. You choose your mindset! Let's positively work through it! Click To Tweet
Since you know that change is going to happen, what you can do is best prepare for it, take action on what you can do when it hits you and shift your mindset to look at it in a positive way. Everyone deals with change differently, but here are some healthy ways to prepare and positively embrace change.
4 Smart Tips To Prepare for and Embrace Change
You deserve great happiness in life. Always remember this. -Cynthia Bazin Click To Tweet
- Develop a Plan – In all aspects of your life, always try to have a plan of action. Obviously you can’t plan for everything but there are lots of situations that you can be proactive on. When you plan ahead, if change ends up happening quickly, once you deal with the initial shock of it, you have some action items ready for you to tackle things head on.
- Take Time to Work Through It – This is probably one of the toughest things to do when change comes (especially when it’s something you do not want). Before you are able to move forward from it, you may need a period of time to work through it, because sometimes change is very similar to a loss. So be okay with taking the time you need to work through the feelings of change. Just remember that in order to positively move forward through change, positive action is necessary. You don’t have to like what’s happening or agree with the change, but you deserve great happiness and positive steps forward are necessary at some point. But take the time you need. We all have our own timelines and ways we need to work through change.
- See the Opportunity for Growth – When people think of change, many times it’s thought of as a bad thing. As they say, life is all about the attitude we have toward things. Do your best to think of change as a new beginning, something that is meant to be in the long run. I know in my life, even though some things didn’t seem like a blessing at the time, down the road, I could see how it turned out for the very best. And actually, change most of the time is GREAT! When there is change, there is new growth. So embrace change, you will become a stronger and better person because of it!
- Reach Out For Support – When change occurs, don’t be afraid to reach out to the people who care about you, support you and will help you. Don’t go through major change below. It shows great strength when you reach out to others.
Change is constant. Someone right now is going through massive changes in their life. Are you one of them? What kind of changes are you going through? Positive changes or challenging ones? And how do you deal with change? I’d love to hear from you!
“You must welcome change as the rule, but not as your ruler.” -Denis Waitley
Also be sure to check out my Student Development Speaker website! www.cynthiabazin.com. Let me inspire your students at your next leadership conference or school event!