We all grow up having dreams and goals of having a great life for ourselves and our family. We have tremendous talent and potential to be so much in life, but sometimes we don’t live up to our full potential because of things in our past that might be holding us back; things we haven’t dealt with or resolved. If we don’t appropriately deal with our past, negative things that have happened to us, we will never be able to fully live in the present and have a happy future.
Are you living in the past because of one or more of these challenges you have faced?
- A negative marriage / relationship
- A bad childhood
- Poor life choices
- Overall negative / poor self confidence
If you are dealing with any of the above, it may not be a quick fix, but I do want to let you know that you can change your past. You can move on to a better future. But noone is going to do it for you, but you. Everyone is different in how they deal with things, so for some of you a personal coach might assist you, for others, therapy might be helpful and for some of you, you might be able to work through some of these things on your own. The point is, make the decision to deal with your past so you can live to your full potential to live the life you want and deserve!
Here are some potential ways to start moving forward in a more positive direction by dealing with your past.
4 Tips to Move Forward From Your Past And To Happiness!
- Surround yourself with Positive People!! Eliminate the negativity and people filled with drama in your life and keep close the people that fuel your positivity!!
- Realize that your past is not your future. You are in charge of your happiness! You have to make a conscious decision to say enough is enough and block the negative thoughts and attitudes and replace with positive affirmations about you and focus on where you are going.
- If you need to have a conversation with someone that might have hurt you or has done you wrong, make the call today. Get it off your shoulders. By making that important phone call, it will release a lot of the feelings that you have kept inside you. This phone call will not be easy, but by facing something head on, I guarantee you, you will feel much better.
- Forgive yourself and forgive others. You cannot change the past. There is a lot of power to forgiveness. For some, writing out a letter to yourself or to the person that has done you wrong can be very powerful, writing out your feelings of hurt and anger and then ending the letter with some sort of closure. You don’t have to mail this letter. But by just putting your thoughts to paper, you will release a lot of those feelings that have built up over time.
Life has no remote. If you want to move forward from your past, you have to do the work, you have to commit to making the change. You need to get up and do it. You deserve the best in life. Deal with your past head on so you work on the important stuff; your dreams, your future, the best you! I believe in YOU! – The SmartChic