The holidays are a great time of year. The holiday lights; great food; giving gifts to those you love. The last thing you want or need during the holiday season is to be a victim of a crime. When you’re rushing around, sometimes you can forget the little things that can keep you safe. Criminals like to take advantage of an opportunity. Don’t give them that opportunity. Slow down some and make sure you are always thinking safety first.
5 ‘SmartChic’ Tips to Keep you Safe This Holiday Season
- Secure Your Wallets and Purses: When walking around stores or parking lots, ladies, be sure to hold on tight to your purse, close to your body. Men, be sure to have your wallet secure in your pocket. In crowds, it’s better to keep your wallet in your front pocket so a thief won’t easily be able to pickpocket you. So, what if someone tries to steal your purse or wallet? Give it up to them! It isn’t worth risking your life over personal items. If someone demands your purse or wallet, try to throw the item in one direction and run in the opposite direction away from the thief.
- Don’t Leave Personal Items Out in the Open in Your Vehicle: Be sure not to have any personal items out in the open in your vehicle while you are shopping. It only takes a thief a second to smash your window, grab what’s inside and take off with your stuff.
- Have your Keys in Hand When Walking to Your Car: Be aware as you are walking to your vehicle. Don’t be searching for your keys as you’re going to your car. Have your keys in hand and walk with your head up high walking out to your car.
- Lock Your Door Immediately When Inside the Vehicle: After getting into your vehicle, immediately lock your door and leave the lot. Do not give a criminal the opportunity to commit a crime on you.
- Report Suspicious Activity: Never assume that someone else is going to report suspicious activity. We’re all in this together and need to help each other. If you notice something unusual, say something to someone. Be a person of action.
With everything you do, it’s better to be safe than sorry and take a moment to make sure you are doing everything you can to keep yourself safe. Remember, take care of YOU. No one else is going to do it for you. Why not take a moment and pass this information along to your friends and family. And let’s make this a very happy and safe holiday season!
Would love your comments! Post your thoughts today. -Cynthia
Contact Cynthia today for programs that will assist you in getting you where you want to be in life! She will give you all the tools you need to go for it and really live! [email protected] | https://smartchic.me/services