I have been lifting weights for at least the last 20 years. It’s one of those things that I absolutely love to do! It makes me feel great on the inside and feeling healthy helps me stay really focused on my goals during the day. I actually have never really thought too much about my weightlifting until just the other day. But it came to me as I was doing a tough workout! I was thinking about how having a successful weightlifting routine is like living a successful life.
5 Ways Lifting Weights Right Is Like Living a Successful Life
- You Have to Be Tough – A great workout is tough, just like life at times. Let’s face it! Life can definitely be a bumpy ride at times. In order to get through those times, you’ve got to be tough! You must do the things you think you can’t do. Battle through it and see amazing success and happiness on the other side. Your goals in life aren’t always going to be easy. There will be really hard work required at times. But is it worth it? Definitely!
- It Requires Focus – In weightlifting, in order to get the most out of it, you really need to focus on great form. When you’re focused on your form, you will get the most physically out of your workouts. And of course, in order to be successful in life you have to be laser-focused on achieving your goals!
- Consistency is Important – If you want to be really good at lifting weights or be successful in life, you have to be consistent at what you are doing. You can’t just do it once and forget about it. In order to achieve results you have to keep at it. So develop great habits and consistently do them. Positive actions forward is key!
- You Have To Do What You Think You Can’t Do – You can build up to lifting those heavier weights and you can achieve what you want to in life. You must believe in yourself. You must step out of your comfort zone and do what you think you can’t do. You can lift heavier than you think and you can achieve much more than you think! You can do it. You just have to go for it!
- Celebrate the Successes – After a great workout I think of it as a success and I reward myself after a tough workout by eating something healthy that keeps me going strong. Just like celebrating a good workout, we need to celebrate our wins in life in general! Remember that continual, positive steps forward will lead to big wins down the road. Celebrate your successes along the way.
I would love to hear your thoughts on living a successful life. Which of the 5 things most resonate with you? Post your comments below! I would love to hear from you!