We all have busy lives in which we need to get a lot done in a day. The last thing we need to do is waste time on things that are not moving us forward personally or professionally. Staying laser focused on being productive in the right areas can take a little time to learn but once you’ve got it, you’re going to see how much you accomplish in a day, in a week, in a year’s time.
So I am here to give you things that I focus on and what I teach my mentoring clients to focus in on to get the very most out of their day.
6 Ways To Stay Laser Focused For Your Best Productivity
- Having a To-Do List Written and In Front of You – In order for you to have laser focused productivity, you need to have in front of you what you need to do! Take the time each day to put together a very focused list on what you need to accomplish in that particular day. Don’t overwhelm yourself with a long list of things to accomplish. Put the top 3 or 4 things you need to get done on your list. Also, put any information that is pertinent to completing the tasks next to it, such as people you need to reach out to and their contact information. Make it easy on yourself so when it’s go time to get things done, you’ll have the information in front of you.
- Put That List in Order of Priority To Take Action – It’s important not to just have your to-accomplish list written down. It’s really important to next prioritize that list. For me, I like to get the most difficult task done first. When I do that, it makes me feel really accomplished and that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders; that the rest of the day is smooth sailing. Figure out what your biggest priority is, then work it’s way down.
- Positively Push Yourself To Fit Within A Timeline – A great way to positively push yourself towards great productivity is putting yourself on a timeline on what you need to get done. Don’t rush through things, but try setting a timer. It may help you not ponder and procrastinate on what you need to get accomplished.
- Knowing Who To Call On If you Need Support or a Resource – It’s always great to have an awesome resource for something you might not know. If you get stuck on something, reach out to someone that might be able to help you. Asking for help is not a weakness. Remember, you have things to get accomplished. It’s all about productivity.
- Know When It’s Appropriate To Delegate It – Being effective and productive is all about knowing when you should delegate certain tasks so you can focus in on your brilliance. Don’t feel like you have to get everything done alone. Delegating can be very smart so you can focus in on what you really need to do yourself.
- Eliminate Distractions That Easily Get In The Way – As you know, one of the biggest things blocking your productivity are those distractions that get in your way! Phone calls, emails, social media! Do what you can to not multi-task. Try to block out time for them or possibly not doing them when you are in the middle of something important. I know it’s hard, but you’ll be much better not multi-tasking when you can.
If you can stay focused on the above 6 things, you’ll be well on your way to having awesome, productive days. Which of the ways above do you most resonate with that you currently do or that you plan on using moving ahead? I would absolutely love to hear from you!
Cynthia helps you step into your personal and professional greatness with laser-focused strategies and really smart tips. She is definitely not about ‘the fluff’. It is a no-excuse zone with her! She gives you kick-butt motivation and awesome strategies for you to take positive actions forward each day. Commit to being mentored by Cynthia today! www.smartchic.me