I don’t know about you, but I’ve got a lot going on in my life right now. I am grateful and blessed to say that it is amazingly great stuff, but I am definitely in busy times between work and family. Can you relate regarding your schedule right now? Do you have tons to do and could use some reminders or maybe new tips to help set you up for success each day?
People often ask me how I get so much accomplished, therefore I hope these tips provide you some new ideas or reminders on how you can best set-up your day for success.
7 Habits That Set You Up For Success Each Day
- Get Up Early – If you want to set yourself up for success, you’ve got to get out of bed and be ready for it! Set your alarm early, get up and brew yourself an awesome cup of coffee and give yourself plenty of time to set yourself up for a fantastic, productive day. No more sleeping late! Commit to this!
- Exercise First Thing in the Morning – The most important thing regarding self-care is that you just do it and are consistent with it. I know many successful people that do exercise later in the day. But for me, exercising in the morning is the BEST thing I do to set myself up for success. I feel healthy. I feel strong. I feel focused for the rest of the day. The key is you’ve got to make time for it. It’s really important to do it. Put exercise as part of your action plan for the day.
- Design Your Action Plan for the Day – I believe 100% that if you want to have a successful day, you’ve got to be focused on what you will accomplish. Putting together an action plan can help you keep focused and accountable and moving way forward on your goals.
- Give Yourself Wiggle Room – As we all know, things come up during the day that are way outside of what we often plan for the day. I have personally learned to plan for the unexpected; I expect challenges! So when setting up your schedule for the day, try not to book yourself so tightly. Give yourself some wiggle room for those pesky things that come up that you have to do!
- Be Sure To Time Block – Successful people do not waste time! So what are your biggest distractions and time wasters? Is it social media by chance? Or checking email? Get into time blocking. Put aside certain times of the day for social media for example and shut it down during other parts of the day. I guarantee you’ll get much more done.
- Communicate / Focus on Relationships – Each day, consider setting up a plan on how you will inspire and empower at least one person each day. I believe that a large part of my success has to do with the relationships I have built and maintained.
- Give Yourself Learning and Growing Time – Even if it’s 5 or 10 minutes per day, take time each day to get inspired, learn and grow by reading a book, inspiring magazine or listen to an awesome audio. Successful people love to learn and grow. Invest in yourself!
Which habits above do you most resonate with? What are your best habits that set you up for success each day? What do you need to do more of? I really look forward to hearing from you!
Be sure to check out my Student Development Speaker Website! Book me for your next Student Leadership Conference or High School or College Event! www.cynthiabazin.com