Whether you’re single, married, younger, older, highly successful or just starting out in life, we all have times that we need that boost of confidence; that dose of inspiration to remind us that we are amazing and we need to go for what we want in life. Hopefully you’ll keep this list close by, because whenever you need an extra boost, to get pumped up, this is going to give you that extra motivation to get you revved up, get started or get yourself back on track.
7 ‘Smart’ Ways To Boost Confidence in Yourself Starting Today!
- Life…. Claim it. And Take Responsibility For It – So what do I mean by that? If you sit back and think about your life, do you take responsibility for all areas of your life? Your relationships, your financial situation, where you are career-wise in your life? You must take responsibility for every part of your life. When you do that, you are in control and you are able to create your destiny in life.
- Make Smart, Confident Decisions – You know when you make a bad decision how it feels don’t you? You kind of feel knocked down, a little deflated, really not confident the next time around when you need to make an important decision? When you make good decisions, you start believing in yourself more, and then you’ll make even more smart decisions. So how do begin by making smart decisions? When something comes at you, don’t jump at a decision. Don’t make a snap decision. It’s your life. Do things on your timeline. Take your time. Are you in a bind as far as what to do? I find it good to write things down. Write down all the possibilities; the good and the bad. The positives and the negatives. Talk to other people that support you, which you value their opinion. But the ultimate person who has to make the decision is you! So gather all the information, do your due diligence, listen to those around you, but then do what’s best for you! Got it? You’ll gain confidence by doing so.
- To Get Respect, You Must Treat Yourself With Respect– One of the top ways you will gain confidence is getting the respect of others. When you feel like you have respect, you have that confidence; that pep in your step; that feeling you can take on the world. You know how it feels, don’t you? Think of a time when you felt like you were getting the respect you deserve. Well in order for you to get that respect, you must respect yourself first. If you hate yourself, if you don’t like who you are. If you feel like just total crap on the inside… guess what? It will show on the outside! And what does that do to your confidence? So if you have issues with body image or ways to communicate or treating yourself with respect, we need to work on that with you! When you start feeling good about yourself, respecting yourself, you’ll gain great confidence and guess what? It will show to others that you value who you are and you deserve the best in life and expect respect in return.
- Break Out of the Ordinary and Be Extraordinary– Don’t you feel really confident and good about yourself when you excel at something? So let me ask you a question. What are you good at? What do you LOVE to do? Are you good at writing? Playing an instrument? Participating in a sport? Do you speak well in front of groups? Find something that you are passionate about and not just be good at it, EXCEL at it. Talk about confidence building!
- Always Keep Your Eyes Wide Open – One of the things that I have always said is live your life to the fullest but always keep your eyes wide open! There are a lot of smooth, savvy people out there that will take advantage of good people in a hot second. Being an investigator for the last 20 years, I have seen too many times people that were going with their heart and not using their head. So throughout life, always keep your eyes wide open to what is around you. Don’t be a pushover, stand up for yourself and remember, if something is too good to be true, it most likely is! When you are using your head and are smart to things around you, you will have great confidence when things get thrown at you. You’ve got this!
- Always Learn and Grow – There is a famous quote that I like by Eric Butterworth ‘Don’t go through life, grow through life’. I have learned through life that there is so much wealth and knowledge out there and you can learn something from absolutely anyone! I don’t know about you, but one of the most uncomfortable things can be, being in a group of people and they are talking about a particular subject and you have no idea what is going on and you have nothing to contribute. You are standing there and not really sure what to do but nod your head and just listen and try to figure out what is going on. Ask questions, talk with people, inquire, ask, learn, grow. When you ‘know’ certain things and feel safe to ask questions, your confidence level grows.
- Use Your Gifts. Carve Out Your Niche -Everyone in this world has a gift. You have talents that are different than anyone else. Some people will say in life to work on your weaknesses in life. For confidence building I say build on your gifts! Take them and develop a niche! Go with what works for you. Hopefully your talents and gifts are things you are passionate about. When you carve out your niche, you will be super charged up and confident because it is something that you’re not only good at, it’s something you excel at! There is a famous saying from my favorite movie. A Bronx Tale, which says. “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent” Want confidence? Take your gifts and do something extraordinary with it!!
I would love to hear which of the 7 ways to boost your confidence most resonate with you! Let your voice be heard! Post below. Would really enjoy hearing from you!
Cynthia Bazin is absolutely passionate about YOUR success and happiness. If you are ready and committed to change your life and take charge of your life, contact Cynthia today to start a conversation! Cynthia@smartchic.me | https://smartchic.me
Cynthia is also City Director for a national magazine ‘Today’s Innovative Woman’! Check out her city page today! www.todaysinnovativewoman.com/sacramento