Our lives are so fast paced with work, family, kids, school and other activities, that we often don’t have time to even process the day, because we need to catch a little sleep for the next full day of activities. Also, we live in a world that often places a large emphasis on what personal belongings we have, what level of professional success we have achieved and us pushing for the next big thing.
Having nice things, a career we enjoy and challenging ourselves to bigger and better things is absolutely fine, but at the end of the day, is that what’s really important? I am here to say that it’s not and I believe most feel the same way when it’s really thought about. It’s so important to stop, take some moments to be grateful for all the little things that you have around you. I think we all realize that there are always things to be grateful for. For any challenges that we might be going through, there is always someone that has it tougher.
So I decided to take last night and really think about what I am grateful for and perhaps you would like to do the same. 😉
Some of the things to be grateful for:
- Friends – Do you have a good friend or a good group of friends that appreciate you for who you are?
- Family – Do you have a close relationship with a family member or your entire family?
- Health – Are you reasonably healthy?
- Your Environment – Do you enjoy where you live and your surroundings?
- Living – Just giving thanks for being alive and getting a new chance every day that you wake up is enough to be grateful for.
Why not take a few minutes today by yourself, in a relaxing place, get away from the hustle and bustle and appreciate what you have in life. There always is something to be thankful for! ~TheSmartChic
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”