I want you take a peek back right now to your past. I don’t usually encourage others to look to the past, because we can’t go back right? It’s all about moving ahead. But I want you to look back briefly today. I don’t know if you were like me, but when I was younger, I was quite courageous in certain areas. When I had the opportunity to go skiing in the winter time, I recall being fearless! I wasn’t the greatest skier, but I didn’t have a problem trying things on the slope, falling down (sometimes hard) and getting back up and brushing myself off. I also did dance competitions and talent shows when I was younger and I felt in my zone and don’t remember being scared. How were you daring and courageous at some point in your life? Think about that right now.Action Takers are Definitely Success Makers - Cynthia Bazin Click To Tweet
As we go through life, sometimes our daring, courageous spirit reduces or stops. Perhaps this is because of the responsibilities we have in our lives. It also could be fear of failure due to past mistakes we have made. Or perhaps it could be the people around us that don’t get out of their comfort zone much, so we’re not motivated to be courageous in life. The thing is this. We must ask ourselves the question whether we will have regrets in life. That is one of the main reasons why we need to be courageous and dare more; so that we do the things we want to do in life; live fully!
So with that said, it’s important to make the commitment to want to be more courageous and decide what area needs to be worked on. Following that, I recommend using the following 6 tips to move you way forward!
6 Tips To Help You Be More Courageous
- Surround Yourself With Courageous People – One of the best ways to motivate yourself to be more daring and courageous is to surround yourself with inspiring, courageous people! They often say that we are the average of the 5 people that surround us. Inspiring people that go for it may just be the thing that boosts up your courage to go for what you want!
- Stop Worrying About Looking Foolish – Take a second and think about some of the most awesome people in your life that are daring and courageous. Don’t they seem to beat to their own drum and just be themselves? When we be ourselves and not care so much, that’s where the confidence and courage comes into play.
- Do Small Things Each Day Out of Your Comfort Zone – With any goal that you have, I always recommend to definitely do small things so the goal doesn’t overwhelm you. So in being more courageous, put it as a goal to do small things each day that are out of your comfort zone. So for example, if you are an introvert and want to be more extroverted, why not try to strike-up a conversation with a complete stranger every time you go out? At first, it will feel awkward but as you do it more, you will get more confident.
- Stop Preparing To Be Ready – Courageous people take action! As you are committed to be more bold and courageous, try not to overthink things. Trust yourself and go for it! Most things can be adjusted along the way.
- Do It Your Way – Tip #2 talks about not worrying about looking foolish. I positively challenge you to believe in yourself and your awesome uniqueness. People are always going to give you advice on how to do things. Listen to those you trust, but don’t be afraid to put your own stamp on it. Again, do it your way!
- Have Backup Plans – Super important when you’re going for it in life, not to put your eggs all in one basket. I totally believe that in anything we do in life, we should have some sort of backup plan, just in case. I think that is just simply smart!
It is your time to go for it in life! What is the one tip from above that you are going to implement right now in your life to be more courageous? What other tips would you add to this list I have provided? I would love to hear from you. Be bold and courageous and let your voice be heard!
Cynthia is a keynote speaker and mentor that helps men and women in personal development, business branding and strategy. If you are ready to invest in yourself and are looking for a mentor, please reach out to her! She will inspire you and provide you laser focused strategies for you to reach your greatest happiness and success!